Wednesday, November 11

Abi's Visit

Today, Abi came to our school.Abi told us what she does as a marine biologist. She has travelled all the way from America to go to Heron island to search for DNA samples. She is Mrs Knee's daughter.
While on Heron island, Abi will use a submarine to seach the ocean floor. I even made my own submarine. It's made out of real life stuff. I think Abi should use my submarine. Before she left our school, Abi gave us some books and teddys.
The books were called "Elephants Cannot Dance" and "Pigs Make Me Sneeze". The teddys were a pig and an elephant. She even gave us some maple syrup! We gave Abi a present to give to the kinderkids when she returns home. The present is...... can't tell you!

1 comment:

Abby Fusaro said...

Hi Connor,

I've arrived on Heron Island and we made our first collections today. Already, I have a lot of marine worms and soft corals, plus a few fish for DNA samples. The scientists here don't use a submarine--that is only for deeper water. We are snorkeling, SCUBA diving, beach walking, and fishing.

I had a great time with the 2M Gems last week. Thank you so much for having me in your class, for your great questions, and for my presents--Mrs. Knee's are safe in a fridge here...

I think your submarine is great!